Prepare for holidays
Use the holidays to grow your customer pipeline. Entrepreneur.com recently highlighted several ideas for how business owners can promote Small Business Saturday this weekend in their communities. They can help you promote yourself and increase your prospecting during the holidays.
5 Promotional Goldmines During Holidays
- Celebrate with an event. You could try a holiday open house for your brokerage where you offer themed refreshments or invite a special guest relevant to the real estate market. Host it at your brokerage’s office, and hang balloons or offer treats to lure passersby.
- Offer up a raffle. Plan a holiday-themed raffle at your next open house. Giveaways can be sure-fire ways to generate excitement. You can also use raffles to capture more e-mail addresses and contact information for your prospecting. Promote your giveaway on social media and then be sure to thank each person who participated. Also, provide more information on your website about your raffle, as well as ways to stay in touch on your social media pages to keep the relationship growing.
- Show holiday spirit online. Change your Twitter banner and Facebook cover photo to a holiday-themed image. Sites such as Canva.com can help you do that. Also, start blogging on holiday-related topics.
- Reward check-ins. If you’re planning an open house around the holidays, reward those who share the news that they stopped by. Offer a special gift to those who’ve checked in via Yelp, Facebook, or Swarm. After all, when their friends see them check in, that’s powerful advertising for you. According to a global Nielsen survey, 83 percent of respondents say they “completely” or “somewhat” trust the recommendations of friends and family.
- Celebrate other small businesses. Show your community support by re-tweeting or promoting other local businesses’ events in your area. They’ll likely be inclined to do the same for you.